Whenever campers set out to their outdoor adventures, one of their biggest concerns, especially for beginners, is sleep comfort. Anyway, who doesn’t miss that great feeling of sleeping on a high-end memory foam mattress, not to mention great cooling pillows? However, there is always a solution for everything, it is just a matter of going through what it takes to get there. Personally, I am a full-time alpine climber and truck camper. I know what it means to lack an ideal sleep when your sleep setup only consists of skinny little pads. So, I happened to be lucky when I bumped into some adventurous guys who introduced me to air truck mattresses.
Seven years down the line, I have never forgotten meeting this amazing friend. It was a turning point in my camping life. Since then, I have explored several truck bed air mattresses and I decided to share my true personal experience to help other folks. I have tried out so many air mattresses, lost quite a significant amount of money, but through it all, I have learned something. I won’t deny the fact that not everything out there deserves your hard-earned bucks. So, to save you the hassle, I have reviewed the best truck bed Air mattresses. Check them out and thank me later:
Table of Contents
- Table of the Best Air Truck Mattresses Reviews
- 10. The Original Full-Size Truck Air Mattress
- 9. Wolfwill SUV Travel Inflatable Air Bed Thicker Back Seat
- 8. Rightline Gear Mid-Size Bed Air Mattress – 110M60
- 7. Airbedz Truck Bed Air Mattress with DC Corded Pump
- 6. AirBedz Mid-Size Short Bed Truck Bed Air Mattress
- 5. The Outdoor Pittman AirBedz Truck Bed Air Mattress
- 4. AirBedz RealTree Camo Full Size Bed with Battery Air Pump
- 3. The Truck-Bedz Weekender Model (VFLB)
- 2. BSport Inflatable Mattress Air Bed Camping with Air Pillows
- 1. Classic Intex Downy Airbed – Full
Table of the Best Air Truck Mattresses Reviews
10. The Original Full-Size Truck Air Mattress
AirBedz Original is the chosen one. It is a truck bed air mattress that most outdoor campers never fail to mention. I would personally say, it does away with cumbersome tents and other camp supplies. Featuring an Exclusive Comfort Coil System Technology, this unit uniformly distributes weight giving you a comfortable sleep all night. The rechargeable built-in pump makes inflation and deflation a breeze. Flipping a switch is all you need to get this reliable air mattress ready.
You don’t have to worry about your wheel wells anymore, the Original Airbeds is designed to custom to fit them while utilizing your sleeping space. Designed to mold over and fit your wheel wells, this unit works great with 6.5’, 6’, and 5.8’ short beds. However, note that this unit won’t fit any 5-ft beds. The high-end re-engineered fabric is not only abrasion-resistant but also soft and durable. I love the way sheets don’t slide on this 12-inch thick AirBedz original air mattress, a feature that lacks in most premium air mattresses.
- Cutouts that allow the air mattress to custom fit in your truck.
- Comfort Coil System for uniform weight distribution
- Rechargeable pump for quick and easy inflation and deflation
- Newly designed valves for better inflation/deflation and all night bed firmness
- Improved battery that lasts longer
- Heavy-duty construction for a puncture-resistant exquisite air mattress
- A/C home charger allows you to prepare for your road trip
- Carrying bag for travel convenience
9. Wolfwill SUV Travel Inflatable Air Bed Thicker Back Seat
Well, your outdoor adventures are incomplete if you lack the Wolf Inflatable Air Mattress. It is a brand that gets campers talking because of its tough yet soft nature. Unlike other truck bed air mattresses, the Wolf only takes 2 minutes to inflate or deflate. Connecting its pump to your car charger and you are ready to go.
The fact that campers can inflate the three different parts of this air mattresses makes everything outdoor fantastic. Made from eco-friendly PVC material, this unit is not only breathable but also non-toxic. The ten compartments make this air mattress highly customizable on most SUVs. The material used is soft but crush-resistance. However, you should not use sharp objects on this air mattress. Generally, the Wolf does a pretty good job even though some customers have expressed their concern over its inability to remain inflated for long.
- Features three different parts which can be inflated separately
- Quickly inflates and deflates, within 2 minutes
- Eco-friendly PVC construction
- Quakeproof and crush-resistance cushion
8. Rightline Gear Mid-Size Bed Air Mattress – 110M60
If you happen to be looking for an inflatable bed mattress for truck that won’t require you break the banks, then the Rightline 110M60 is the ultimate solution. If you love camping around, I wouldn’t recommend anything better than this unit. Measuring 76”L, 44”W and 7”H when inflated, this air mattress boasts of a comfortable flocked top surface and the O-bean support for comfortable sleep. Best of all, the wheel well designs allow for gear storage. This prevents campers from rolling over on anything. Moreover, buying the Rightline Gear gives you an extra side storage for all your phones, tablets, flashlights, clothes and other EDCs. I also love the way Mid-size 110M60 easily folds flat for easy storage and transport.
- Suitable for most mid-size trucks
- Features a 12V pump for quick inflation and deflation
- Quality PVC material
- Side storage
7. Airbedz Truck Bed Air Mattress with DC Corded Pump
Needless to say, the AirBedz Lite is another top brand worth mentioning. It is popular among campers and hunters due to its exceptional sleep comfort. Featuring both the long and short bed layouts, this unit measures 76”× 63” × 12” when inflated. Comfort Coil System achieves even distribution of weight. The portable DC pump comes with a long 16’ power cord, an incredible feature for quick and convenient inflation/deflation. Thanks to the cutouts that ensure the AirBedz lite fits well over the wheel wells of your SUV truck. AirBedz lite is an affordable ultimate solution for those who want to take their bedroom experience to the outdoor world. However, note that this unit won’t be appropriate if you plan to keep your tailgate closed. AirBedz Lite also boasts of having the best PVC construction out there. According to me, it is the perfect bang for your bucks.
- Comes with 16’ power cord DC pump for easy inflation/deflation
- Comfort Coil Technology for even weight distribution
- High-grade PVC construction
- Air Coil System integrated over the wheel wells for superior sleep comfort
6. AirBedz Mid-Size Short Bed Truck Bed Air Mattress
If you are tired of sullying your outdoor experiences, then forget the cheap airbeds and grab the AirBedz Pro3. For years, this mattress for truck camper has been providing unparalleled sleep comfort to hunters, off-roaders, campers and motocross riders. Just like other AirBedz brands, it has a 16’ cord DC pump. Once you have plugged its cord to your 12V DC port, it takes a flip of a switch to inflate or deflate the mattress. Just to share with you a secret, you can use this pump to inflate floats, beach toys, towable, etc.
I am pretty sure your little kids will have the best outdoor experience ever! You won’t waste an inch of your bed truck space, the cutouts help fit the mattress over the wheel wells. The fabric used in AirBedz Pro is top-notch, it is soft yet puncture-resistant. Personally, I would recommend this unit to any busy camper. The only downside of this unit is the hassle one goes through when fitting it back to its bag. Some users have also raised concern over leakage.
- Multipurpose DC pump
- Top-notch soft fabric
- Great at utilizing bed truck space
- Integrated Air Coil System for even weight distribution
5. The Outdoor Pittman AirBedz Truck Bed Air Mattress
Whether you are out there for the first time or not, the Pittman AirBedz takes care of your outdoor experience. Designed to fit compact, mid-sized, and full-sized trucks, the PPI104 creates a great sleeping comfort. High-end cutouts ensure your air bed mattress fits over the wheel wells without any hassle. With a flip of a switch, the rechargeable pump inflates/deflates the Pittman Air mattress much faster than other pumps.
Just like other AirBedz models, the original blue Pittman outdoor mattress features an integrated air coil system for even weight distribution. No more worries just in case your truck has bumps or lumps, the mattress inflates to 12” thickness. Re-engineered fabric lasts longer while making your entire outdoor experience worth the effort. Thanks to the manufacturers for making New Improved batteries that last longer. Inflation and deflation have never been made easier than before. Additionally, AirBedz bed for truck features newly-designed valves that prevent leakages.
- Air coil system for better weight distribution
- Rechargeable pump
- Long lasting batteries
- Newly designed valves prevent leakages
- High-quality fabric
4. AirBedz RealTree Camo Full Size Bed with Battery Air Pump
When fully inflated, the AirBedz inflates to 95”×63.5”×12” which is quite amazing. It comes in compact, mid-size, and full-size layouts and can be used with both long and short beds. The integrated air coil system achieves uniform weight distribution for campers and hunters. When it is time to inflate or deflate the mattress, the rechargeable battery-integrated air pump makes your work much simpler. Regardless of your pickup truck model, the re-engineered cutouts make your mattress for truck fit well over the wheel wells.
- Realtree Xtra Camouflage blends well with the outdoors
- Air coil system for even weight distribution
- Rechargeable pump for quick and easy inflation/deflation
- High-quality cutouts utilizes the truck sleeping area
3. The Truck-Bedz Weekender Model (VFLB)
The Truck-Bedz Weekender Model is another air bed mattress that tops our list. One incredible feature of this mattress is, it boasts of superior urethane-laminated nylon cloth construction and not PVC. It is, therefore, abrasion-resistant and durable. Unbelievable it may sound but this unit Is capable of holding up to 4000 lbs. Any outdoor enthusiast will find that quite welcoming. Weekender (VFLB) model works great with most 8’ beds. You can use it on Chevy Silverado’s, Ford 150/250/350’s among other pickup trucks.
- Heavy duty urethane-laminated nylon construction
- Holds up to 4000 lbs
- Fits most 8’ beds
2. BSport Inflatable Mattress Air Bed Camping with Air Pillows
Designed for mainstream car models and SUVs, the BSport makes it all happen in the outdoor world. It is the best companion when holding those special holiday camps, surf trips or even festivals. Your journey with the little ones won’t be boring anymore, they can jump on this truck mattress and keep themselves warm. Additionally, it comes with two additional air pillows. An air pump is included to make inflation/deflation a breeze. Try out the car travel inflatable air mattress and make a difference in how you spend the night when out there. It is definitely worth it!
- Practical inflatable air bed
- Easy to install and use because of the DC pump
- Designed for mainstream car models and SUVs
1. Classic Intex Downy Airbed – Full
Last on our list is the popular Intex Airbed. It is an ideal choice for those that love camping, traveling and can be used even at home. One noticeable feature of airbed is the flocked surface that prevents bedding from sliding and falling off the bed. No matter how much you turn during the night, your bedding will always be intact. Moreover, this unit is made of both 14 Gauge vinyl beams and 15 gauge bottom, a feature that uniquely enhances durability. I personally love the way the flocked surface feels soft and comfortable when compared to other pricier models. This may sound unbelievable but the Intex Classic Airbed can support up to 600 lbs. When inflated, it rises 8.75 inches from the trunk floor eliminating the possibility of lumps or cold.
- Sturdy construction
- Features 14 gauge vinyl beams and 15 gauge bottom layer
- Has flocked surfaces to keep bedding intact
- The 20.8 gauge top s waterproof.