What is the bivy sack? a bivy sack is an excellent way to camp outdoors and carries little weight. It is a perfect replacement for a camping tent and can easily be carried on your back. While tents are much more comfortable and versatile, they are heavy to carry. This where a bivy sack comes into play to help you get through the night. Bivy sacks tend to work well in short overnight hikes where temperatures are extremely cold. However, when choosing the best bivy sacks on the market, users have to look at a wide range of features.
You need a sack which is durable, waterproof and comfortable. In this post, we narrow down your search for the best bivy sacks on the market to ten. Read on and choose one that best suits your needs and desires.
Table of Contents
- Table of the Best Waterproof Bivy Sacks Reviews
- 10. S.O.L. Survive Outdoors Longer Lightweight Sleeping Bivy Sack
- 9. Outdoor Research Helium Ultralight Bivy Sack
- 8. Winterial Lightweight Backpacking Bivy Tent for Camping
- 7. Tennier US Army Military Sleeping Bag Bivy Cover Camping
- 6. Outdoor Research Alpine Camping Bivy
- 5. Outdoor Research Molecule Bivy Regular Bag
- 4. Outdoor Research Black Bug Bivy Sack
- 3. RAB Alpine Camping Waterproof Bivy
- 2. World Famous Sports 1-Person Bivy Tent with Rain Fly
- 1. Tennier Industries U.S Military MSS 3 PC Gortex Bivy Bag
Table of the Best Waterproof Bivy Sacks Reviews
10. S.O.L. Survive Outdoors Longer Lightweight Sleeping Bivy Sack
This is a highly water-resistant bivy sack to keep you warm in moist and soggy conditions. It is a durable sack made if durable fabrics that reflect over 70 percent of the radiated body heat. The heavy-fabric construction helps resists tears and wears. You’re guaranteed of warmth throughout the night. This is a low-visibility sack that will easily blend to outdoor environments and keep you well-hidden. It also features a full sized zipper and draw-cord closure for easy carrying.
- Draw-cord hood for easy closure and carrying
- Durable fabric construction
- Featured side zipper
9. Outdoor Research Helium Ultralight Bivy Sack
This is a durable and strong bivy sack made of 100 percent nylon. It is a waterproof sack that will keep you warm and dry even on moist conditions. The fabric is lightweight and breathable allowing excellent airflow. It is fully seamed and features a hydro seal door to keep you dry on rainy conditions.
- Hydroseal door to keep you dry
- 100 percent nylon
- Breathable fabric
8. Winterial Lightweight Backpacking Bivy Tent for Camping
This is a single person tent with a pretty simple assembly. It features two hoops for faster assembly in the woods. It is a perfect choice when backpacking or hiking. The tent packs easily and can be carried on your back. It is a versatile choice that can be used in three seasons. The ventilated roof allows good ventilation while offering full coverage from the rain. Overall, this is an excellent tent a large zippered door for easy entry.
- Large zippered door for easy entry
- 3 season tent
- Easy assembly
- Ventilated roof mesh coverage
7. Tennier US Army Military Sleeping Bag Bivy Cover Camping
This is a genuine USA military Gore-Tex bivy sack made in the USA to the highest standards. It is a top-rated bivy sack with a woodland camo pattern to camouflage and keeps you hidden. The construction of the sack is durable to prevent wear and tear. It is also waterproof and windproof. It is a versatile bag ideal for hiking, camping, tactical operations and backpacking.
- Snap storm flap
- Camouflage woodland camo pattern
- Top-quality construction
- Waterproof and windproof
6. Outdoor Research Alpine Camping Bivy
The Outdoor Alpine bivy sack is another top-quality Gore-Tex construction sack to last the harsh outdoor elements. It features a durable fabric performance. The sack is waterproof and highly breathable allowing for excellent ventilation. It is fully seam taped and will not tear easily. The door is hydro seal while the floor features an anti-fungal coating. Overall, this is a unique bivy sack with sleeping straps and high volume to fit from toe to head.
- High volume for toe to head fit
- Sleeping pad straps
- Single-pole system
- Water-proof and breathable
5. Outdoor Research Molecule Bivy Regular Bag
This is another top-rated Outdoor Research bivy sack with 100 percent nylon construction. It is a well-made sack with full seaming to seal any holes that will let in the cold. The bag fabric is breathable but waterproof keeping out water but allowing a good flow of fresh air. The floor features the anti-fungal coating to prevent fungal growth. Overall, this is a quality bivy sack with a hydro seal door with a zipper opening for easy entry and closure.
- Hydroseal door
- Anti-fungal coated floor
- 100 percent nylon
- Waterproof and breathable
4. Outdoor Research Black Bug Bivy Sack
This is a breathable fabric outdoor bivy sack with sleeping pads to keep you safe and secure. It is a quality sack with a sturdy construction for long-lasting use. The floor is seam taped and coated with an anti-fungal coating. The mesh is waterproof and highly breathable but one you cannot see-through. Overall, this is a high-performance bivy sack that can be used anywhere on your camping, hiking or backpacking.
- Sleeping strap pads for added comfort
- Anti-fungal coated floor
3. RAB Alpine Camping Waterproof Bivy
This is a beautiful yellow bivy sack with a durable 70d nylon coating. The nylon coating is waterproof and of the same quality as the bathtub floor. It ensures no water leaks in even when camping in soggy conditions. The construction of the sack is sturdy yet lightweight weighing 492 grams. It comes in a differential sleeping pattern design for maximum comfort. It features a zipped end entrance for easy entry.
- End zip entrance
- Lightweight design
- Sleeping pattern design for comfort
- 70d nylon coating
2. World Famous Sports 1-Person Bivy Tent with Rain Fly
This is another pretty simple design one-person bivy tent with a rain fly to protect you from the rain. It is a 7.7-inch long bivy sack that will fit all persons. The sack features a mesh roof panel for good ventilation. Overall, this is a compact design bivy that will be easy to carry. It features 1500mm coated body and further 1000mm denier plastic flooring for easy setup on moist areas.
- Taped Seams
- Compact and lightweight
- Mesh roof panel
1. Tennier Industries U.S Military MSS 3 PC Gortex Bivy Bag
The Tennier bivy sack is our final choice of the best bivy sacks and one of the best choices on the market used by the USA Army. It is a quality bivy sack that comes with a patrol bag, a bivy cover and a stuff sack. The sack is made in the camouflage colours to keep you hidden and safe. It also features a draw-cord string for easy closure and carrying. Overall, the bivy sack is an excellent addition to the list and one you need to consider buying.
- Camouflage colour pattern
- Draw-cord string for easy closure and carrying
- Includes a patrol bag and stuff sack
- Zipper opening
These are the best bivy sacks on the market currently to give you a warm, comfortable night in the woods or mountains. The sacks are highly rated and feature quality material construction. They are also lightweight and quite easy to carry. You can never go wrong buying a bivy sack from the list above.