We definitely can’t deny the fact that the electric splitting logs using an axe seems a bit of fun and exercise. However, we are created differently and not everybody can put up with that pressure, strain, and stress. It surely takes courage and brevity to raise that axe above your head and lower the same so forcefully as if you intend to split the earth into two. Risk-wise, splitting logs is not one of the safest methods of getting the work done. I am pretty sure you may have heard some disturbing stories of a friend who almost lost his leg while splitting logs with an axe.
Well, one of the safest, fastest and convenient ways of splitting logs to keep your family warm during winter is by getting a powerful and versatile log splitter. Unfortunately, there are several log splitters in the market that are way too expensive but when put to task, they will honestly disappoint you to the core. To avoid such a nasty situation, we have done a thorough research, tested and finally compiled a list of the Top 10 Best Log Splitters. Check them out and make an informed decision, one you won’t ever regret.
Table of Contents
- Table of the Best Electric Log Splitters Reviews
- 10. Powerhouse XM-380 Hydraulic Electric Log Splitter – 7-Ton
- 9. OrionMotorTech 2200W 7-Ton Electric Wood Splitter with Wheels
- 8. Goplus 1500W Hydraulic Powerfull Electric Wood Cutter with Wheels
- 7. HICO-LSP0552 5-Ton Electric Log Splitter & firewood Splitter – 1500W
- 6. OrangeA 7-Ton Electric Log Splitter with Hydraulic Wood Splitter
- 5. Homelite UT49103 5-Ton Electric Log Splitter
- 4. Portable 7-Ton Commercial Electric Log Splitter – Boss Industrial ES7T20
- 3. Champion 25-Ton Horizontal & Vertical Full Beam Gas Log Splitter
- 2. Southland Outdoor 6-Ton Electric Log Splitter – SELS60
- 1. Frictionless World Dirty Hand Tools 22-Ton Gas-Powered Log Splitter
Table of the Best Electric Log Splitters Reviews
10. Powerhouse XM-380 Hydraulic Electric Log Splitter – 7-Ton
When you don’t want back aches, tress and the voluminous work associated with log splitting using an axe, let the Powerhouse 7-Ton Hydraulic Log Splitter do the work. It is an excellent model that is capable of taking down any log that is up to 20-1/2inch in length and 12inch in diameter within 6 seconds only. With a ram distance of 15.7inches, this unit creates enough space for safe and quick loading of the next log. With a powerful hydraulic 3HP, 7-Ton 3500RPPM Motor, you will always find pleasure in splitting logs. You can comfortably split up to 100 logs in less than an hour, which is quite incredible for a compact machine as this.
- Net weight of 104lbs
- Powerful and patented 7-Ton capacity
- Log splitting capacity: Up to 20-1/2 inch lengthwise and 12inch diameter
- Ram distance of 15.7inches
- 3HP, 7-Ton Powerful motor
9. OrionMotorTech 2200W 7-Ton Electric Wood Splitter with Wheels
This is another exciting option that will get you splitting logs and turning them into firewood in a matter of minutes. Equipped with a powerful 2HP Motor, OrionMotorTech will split any log that is up to 10inches in diameter and 20.5inches in length. Most adorable aspects of this unit are the heavy-duty cast-iron wedge, 15.4” cylinder stroke and the 10-second cycle time, a combination that makes it possible to take down even the hardest log. For convenient transportation and portability, this log splitter comes with mobile wheels. Quality steel body construction not only helps withstand human abuse but also extends the service life of this machine.
- Mobile wheels for convenient transportation
- The automatic design makes your work easy
- Two-hand operation enhances safety
- The capacity of splitting logs of up to10inches in diameter & 20.5inches length
- Powerful 2HP Motor
8. Goplus 1500W Hydraulic Powerfull Electric Wood Cutter with Wheels
If you own a wood-burning stove or fireplace, the Goplus New 1500W Electric Wood Cutter is another great choice worth considering. With a splitting force of 6-Ton, this IP 54 Waterproof Machine will work efficiently. Two-wheel design plus the two-comfort grip handles make your transportation and storage easy. Most impressive is the built-in log cradle that keeps all the logs in place. Any log with a maximum diameter of 1.9-9.8inches and 20.4 lengths can be split using this machine. Overall, Goplus New 1500W 6-Ton Wood Splitter remains to be one of the best units, whether used indoors or outdoors.
- Safe and reliable
- 1500W Splitting power
- Safe and convenient design
- Two wheels for portability
- 6-Ton Machine with a log splitting capacity of 1.9-9.8inches diameter and 20.4″ length
7. HICO-LSP0552 5-Ton Electric Log Splitter & firewood Splitter – 1500W
Whether you want to upgrade from your old gas log splitter or just want some new fully functional machine, the HICO LSP0552 Electric Log Splitter makes a great deal. It delivers a clean power to take down even the hardest logs, making your work a whole lot easier. Any log under 20.5” in length and 10” in diameter will be turned into firewood within seconds. Boasting a whopping 10, 000 pounds of force, splitting logs using this machine is not only quick but also safe compared to swinging an axe.
Built-in log cradle enhances safety by keeping the logs in track during splitting. The 6-inch tires and the comfortable grip-handle improves user convenience and allows for easy transportation. Automatic ram return and one-handed operation eliminate injury risks. For both dry and green woods like ash trees, pine, oak and much more, HICO LSP0552 Electric Log Splitter works like charm.
- Safer and productive
- Built-in log cradle
- Automatic ram return
- Comfortable grips
- 6-inch tire for convenient transportation
6. OrangeA 7-Ton Electric Log Splitter with Hydraulic Wood Splitter
Here comes another outstanding log splitter that is worth investing in. Boasting a whopping 7-Ton Splitting force, OrangeA Hydraulic Log Splitter will take down any log under 10inch in diameter and 20-1/2inch in length. You can always be sure your family won’t stay in the cold during winter, thanks to the reliable 2HP Electric motor. For convenient transportation and storage, this machine comes with 7” wheels. Lightweight and portable design makes your work a whole lot easier. Given that this unit doesn’t emit any fumes like the gas-powered units, you can comfortably split your logs indoors or outdoors.
- 7-Ton splitting force, 3400RPM
- 7” wheel for convenient transportation
- Lightweight and portable design
- Reliable 2HP Motor
- Eco-friendly electric log splitter
5. Homelite UT49103 5-Ton Electric Log Splitter
When you are tired of backaches and headaches caused by long hours of splitting logs using, try the 5-Ton Electric Log Splitter UT49103. It is a powerful unit that boasts a whopping 5-ton splitting force. Do not suffer any more or risk your life swinging an axe when setting up your wood-burning stove, this machine got you covered. Two grip handles and the two wheels provide stability and help in transportation. Despite sitting too low to the ground, Homelite Electric Log Splitter still does a pretty decent job.
- 5-Ton splitting force
- Splits log under 20” in length and 10” in diameter
- Two wheels for convenient transportation
- Easy to use
4. Portable 7-Ton Commercial Electric Log Splitter – Boss Industrial ES7T20
When you want to combine portability, convenience, and safety when splitting logs, invest your hard-earned bucks on the Boss Industrial Log Splitter. The ES7T20 is an improvement of the popular EC5T20 but boasts more log splitting power. Suitable for larger projects, this machine has 2HP Motor that churns out a whopping 7-Tons of splitting force. Unlike other cheaper models, it has side rails that keep the logs in position reducing injury risks. The front handle allows for easy control while the one-handed operation pushes this unit a notch higher. Plus, it has an automatic ram return. Overall, it is a great electric splitter worth every single penny.
- 7-Ton Log Splitting Force
- Powerful 2HP Electric Motor
- Automatic ram return
- One-handed operations
3. Champion 25-Ton Horizontal & Vertical Full Beam Gas Log Splitter
Equipped with a large 224cc Single-cylinder OHV Engine, this gas splitter delivers 25tons of splitting power, the reason it will handle the toughest logs. You can tow this unit up to 45mph, thanks to the 2-inch ball hitch couple and the durable 16” tires. One aspect that sets this gas log splitter from the rest is its level of efficiency, owing to the 12-second cycle time and the 300 cycles@hour auto-return valve.
Plus, this model can be converted from a vertical to a horizontal position allowing you to tackle more demanding jobs. It is easy to manage your freshly split logs owing to the handy log catcher integrated into this unit. You can handle logs up to 24inches long and split them without much resistance.
- Hydraulic system with a 5-gallon oil capacity
- Convertible log splitter
- Powerful 224cc Single-cylinder OHV engine
- DOT-approved wheels for easy portability
- EPA and CARB-Compliant product
2. Southland Outdoor 6-Ton Electric Log Splitter – SELS60
Another log splitter that you will regret not owning is the Southland Outdoor Power Equipment. Equipped with a powerful 1.75HP induction motor, this rugged machine will effortlessly convert hard logs into firewood read for your wood-stove. Plus, the heavy-duty 5” wedge makes it possible for this splitter to work more efficiently. When it is time to store Southland Electric Log Splitter, you simply convert the unit into its easy-to-store vertical position. The durable 7” wheels make manoeuvrability and transportation a breeze. Most outstanding aspect is the integrated stroke limiter that adjusts to handle shorter logs for effortless splitting.
- More efficient with an 18-second cycle time
- Vertical position for easy storage
- 7” wheels for hassle-free storage
- Heavy-duty 1.75HP amp induction motor
1. Frictionless World Dirty Hand Tools 22-Ton Gas-Powered Log Splitter
Last on the list is the all-powerful DHT Log Splitter. I must say this machine is designed for more demanding jobs. Featuring a DHT 196cc Loncin Engine churning out a whopping 6.5HP is a solid proof of what this machine is capable of. Delivering a whopping 22-Ton Splitting force, expect to have an easy time when handling logs. The 7” split wedge even simplifies your already enlightened task. Any log under 25” in length can be split using DHT Log Splitter. One aspect that makes it possible for this splitter to work more efficiently is the fast 10.9-second cycle. Other features include the two-stage gallon pump and the 4 gallons hydraulic capacity.
- Powerful 196cc 6.5HP Engine
- Built-in log cradle
- Fast 1-9 second cycle boosts efficiency
- 7” high heat treated steel wedge