Did you know that you can heat your water without incurring high costs in energy and installation? Well, this can be easily achieved by investing in the gas and electric tankless water heaters on the market. But considering the fact that the market is flooded with multiple heaters, it would be quite good in case you knew the ideal models to choose from. We have compiled a list of the best heaters based on energy efficiency, heating capacity, and affordability. So feel free to read through and select the model that will suit you best.
Table of Contents
- Table of the Best Tankless Water Heaters
- 10. EcoSmart ECO 27 Portable Electric Tankless Water Heaters
- 9. Rheem RTE 13, 4 GPM Electric Tankless Water Heaters
- 8. Eccotemp System L5 Tankless Water Heaters with Flojet Pump
- 7. Ecosmart ECO 18, 240-Volt Electric Tankless Water Heater
- 6. Ecosmart ECO 36 36-kW Electric Tankless Water Heaters 240-Volt
- 5. Eccotemp Systems L10 Portable Tankless Water Heater
- 4. Takagi T-KJr2-IN-NG Indoor Natural Gas Tankless Water Heater
- 3. Ecosmart POU Electric Tankless Water Heater
- 2. Eccotemp Systems FVI-12-LP Portable Propane Tankless Water Heater
- 1. Bosch Therm 520 HN NG Natural Gas Tankless Water Heaters
Table of the Best Tankless Water Heaters
10. EcoSmart ECO 27 Portable Electric Tankless Water Heaters
ECO 27 boasts as one of the largest among Ecosmart’s long line of tankless electric water heaters. This unit has a heating capacity of 3 GPM, which makes it ideal for large families or residential use. Despite its size, it utilizes lesser energy compared to other conventional heaters. With its advanced self-modulating technology, it allows you to save a whopping 50-percent in heating costs. Not only does it save on energy costs, but it also takes up minimal storage space. The heating temperature can easily be adjusted in 1-degree increments.
- Up-to-50% Savings on water heating costs
- Its design is for efficiency, durability and easy replacement.
- Electrical power: 27 kW, 240 volts
- Product weight is 16.8 pounds
- Product Dimension: 3.6 x 17 x 17 inches
9. Rheem RTE 13, 4 GPM Electric Tankless Water Heaters
This is a compactly-sized water heater suited for domestic and commercial use. It features an advanced modulating mechanism that offers an ingenious way of saving on heating costs. Its large capacity heat exchange is made of brass and copper to guarantee maximum performance and durability. The heater has a built-in temperature control that gives you total control over the water temperature. It has the capacity to heat 4 gallons of water per minute.
- Standard 0.5 inch water connection
- Using power 240 Volts
- Product weight: 7.3 pounds
- Product dimension: 7.2 x 7.2 x 7.2 inches
8. Eccotemp System L5 Tankless Water Heaters with Flojet Pump
In case you desire a more portable option in water heaters, then Eccotemp L5 will certainly suffice. Unlike most water heaters, it is powered by liquid propane. It features an advanced battery ignition system that offers quick and easy start-up. This unit delivers a pressure of between 20 to 80 PSI. At maximum pressure, it delivers a flow rate of 1.4 gallons per minute. The water temperature can easily be adjusted from 80-150 degrees Fahrenheit using the incorporated temperature dial.
- It is great for campsites, cabins, or somewhere around the house
- It requires 2-D batteries
- Product weight is 13 pounds
- Product dimension is 14.5 x 11.5 x 4.5 inches
7. Ecosmart ECO 18, 240-Volt Electric Tankless Water Heater
Would you like to save an incredible 60-percent in energy costs? Well, Ecosmart ECO 18 water heater offers you a chance to do so. The heating temperature is digitally controlled and allows you to customize it in 1-degree increments. Its 2.5 GPM heating capacity means that it can comfortably feed two showers without experiencing any water shortages. The heater allows connection to a 3/4-inch plumbing system.
- Easy to use
- It is hight durable
- Made in China
- It helps save up to 60 percent
- Product weight is 14 pounds
- Product dimension is 3.6 x 14 x 17 inches
6. Ecosmart ECO 36 36-kW Electric Tankless Water Heaters 240-Volt
Save substantially on space and water heating costs with ECO 36 water heater. Compared to traditional water heating systems, it allows you to save 50-percent on energy costs and 90-percent on storage space. Its excellent heating capacity of 3.5 GPM makes it an ideal choice for those that desire a constant supply of hot water. And like most of Ecosmart’s water heaters, it offers you the luxury of adjusting the temperature in 1-degree increments.
- Saving up to 50 percent on water heating costs
- It is small
- Its design is durability, efficiency, and easy replacement
- Product weight is 17.4 pounds
- Product dimension is 17 x 19 x 3.8 inches
5. Eccotemp Systems L10 Portable Tankless Water Heater
Heat your water in style with this portable outdoor water heater from Eccotemp. The heater is powered by propane gas and generates 74,500 BTU’s. It heats 2.65 GPM within the temperature range of 80 to 165 degrees Fahrenheit. The heater works within a pressure range of 25 to 80 PSI. It features a 20-minute timer that automatically shuts off the unit whenever the water stops flowing. More: Best electric ceramic heaters
- 20 mn-automatic shutoff timer
- Saving up to 32 percent
- It is easy to use and set up
- Field-test t0 5,500 ft elevation
- Working simply with showerhead and hose
- Its weight is 27 pounds
- Its dimension is 8 x 14 x 25.5 inches
4. Takagi T-KJr2-IN-NG Indoor Natural Gas Tankless Water Heater
If you desire a large heating capacity, then look no further than this advanced heater from Takagi. Powered by natural gas, it delivers a whopping 140,000 BTU. Such an excellent heating capacity allows it to generate a maximum flow rate of 6.6 GPM. This makes it ideal for residential use. It incorporates automatic temperature regulators that maintain the water temperature at the correct level.
- 140,000 BTU
- The flow rate is 6.6 GPM max
- It is used for indoor installation only
- It is cost-efficient and environmentally friendly
- Its weight is 38 pounds
- Its dimension is 6.7 x 13.8 x 20.3 inches
3. Ecosmart POU Electric Tankless Water Heater
Get a constant supply of hot water at reduced costs with POU 6 water heater. Like most of the company’s models, it allows you to save a maximum of 60-percent on heating costs. It also allows you to save considerably on storage space; up to 12 cubic feet. The heater has a maximum heating capacity of 1 GPM. It heats water to a maximum temperature of 150 degrees Fahrenheit. It features a 0.5-inch connection point to your plumbing system.
- Saving up to 60 percent on water heating costs
- It never runs out of water
- It is easy to install
- Its weight is 1 pounds
- Product dimension is 5 x 12.8 x 8 inches
2. Eccotemp Systems FVI-12-LP Portable Propane Tankless Water Heater
This water heater comes in a sleek, contemporary design. Its gas-powered burner has a heating capacity of between 25,000 to 74,500 BTU. At maximum setting, the heater handles about 3.6 gallons per minute. It generates a maximum water pressure of 80 PSI. The heater features an advanced electronic ignition system for enhanced safety and easy start-up. It has a venting system that guarantees maximum safety and performance. This heater is ideal for household use.
- It is the modern design
- Storing hot water capacity from 0.93 to 4.8 GPM
- 1/2″ NPT fittings
- Product weight is 33 pounds
- Product dimension is 4 x 15 x 24 inches
1. Bosch Therm 520 HN NG Natural Gas Tankless Water Heaters
The innovative technology of Bosch is not only limited to its power tools but also extends to its water heaters. Therm 520 HN is one of its notable models that has greatly revolutionized the way we heat water today. The burner runs on natural gas and features a maximum heating capacity of 117,000 BTU. It has a state-of-the-art ignition system that is powered by the force of flowing water. The heater is vented to ensure maximum performance.