Every adventure lover plans on going on random rides without thinking about the final destination. However, it seemed to be a tough challenge back in the old days but with the invention of Garmin handheld GPS, it’s not a problem anymore. These maps replace the paper maps, so they are considered to be environment-friendly. Having loaded with several maps, one can share and even store their preferred maps in this system. Plus, you can formulate your own personal routes and sometimes, you don’t even need internet connectivity to have access to this device.
To know more about the features and its benefits, go through the Garmin handheld GPS units reviews.
Table of Contents
- Table of the Garmin Handheld GPS Units Reviews
- 10. Garmin GPSMAP 64st, 100K with High-Sensitivity GPS & GLONASS Receiver
- 9. Garmin eTrex 20x Handheld GPS
- 8. Garmin eTrex 10 Handheld GPS Navigator
- 7. Garmin eTrex 30x Handheld GPS Navigator
- 6. Garmin Montana 680t Handheld GPS And GLONASS
- 5. Garmin Oregon 650t Handheld GPS with 8MP Digital Camera
- 4. Garmin Handheld Satellite Communicator with Maps & GPS Navigation
- 3. Garmin GPSMAP 78sc Handheld Marine GPS for Boating
- 2. Garmin GPSMAP 66s Handheld GPS for Hiking
- 1. Garmin Rino 755t Handheld GPS Navigator with Camera & Mapping
Table of the Garmin Handheld GPS Units Reviews
10. Garmin GPSMAP 64st, 100K with High-Sensitivity GPS & GLONASS Receiver
If you want to explore earth’s terrain at its best, you should definitely try the Garmin handheld GPS 64 st. With its quad helix antenna and high-sensitivity GPS as well as GLONASS receiver, this product can trace your whereabouts even in deep canyons and high altitudes. Further, the GPS also contains a built-in 3-axis electronic compass which shows you where you are heading, even if you are not holding it level and standing still.
Besides, you can keep an eye on the weather conditions and changes in pressure with the barometric altimeter. The product features a 2.6” colour display that is even readable under sunlight and its wireless services minimize the troubles of having to plug it into a computer every time you want to share maps and routes with friends.
- Comes with an expanded internal memory of 8GB and a micro-SD card slot too.
- GPSMAP 64st is an environment-friendly product as well, as it supports paperless geocaching and contains 250,000 preloaded caches.
- The Smart Notification lets you receive emails or texts from your iPhone, wirelessly.
- Contains a built-in worldwide basemap and preloaded TOPO 100K.
9. Garmin eTrex 20x Handheld GPS
The Garmin eTrex 20x, with a 2.2” 65K colour sunlight readable display, enables you to read the GPS even during the sunniest of days. At first, it has an internal memory of 3.7 GB and micro SD card slot, due to which you can load a number of maps like TOPO 24K, HuntView and others. Besides, the product comprises of a preloaded worldwide basemap with shaded relief.
Also, its high-sensitivity features GPS receiver that is equipped with WAAS, HotFix satellite prediction and even extensive support of GLONASS that can track your exact position in a matter of few minutes and accurately in the roughest topography as well.
- The product is waterproof and can bear nature’s elements, thus making it durable.
- It can be used as a handheld or can be attached to ATVs, bicycles, boats, etc.
- Contains BaseCamp software, Garmin handheld GPS software.
The Garmin eTrex10 is a waterproof, durable navigator with 25-hour battery life and 2AA batteries. Apart from 2.2” monochrome display along with WAAS-enabled Garmin handheld GPS receiver, it also comes with HotFix as well as GLONASS lets you find your exact position fast. Plus, you can attach Garmin spine-mounting accessories to the navigator and it also allows paperless geocaching, thus making it eco-friendly as well.
Also, you can keep an eye on different elevation points- high or low, and save waypoints when you are back in the track. Because of eTrex 10’s preloaded BaseCamp software, you can view topographic map data in 2D or 3D on any computer screen.
- Long battery life lets you use the GPS throughout the journey without having to worry about the battery dying.
- The BaseCamp software in the navigator will enable you to plan as well as chalk out Gramin adventures that you can share with family and friends.
Now you can say goodbye to your fears of getting lost while on an adventure, as this GPS comes with a whopping 3.7 GB internal memory as well as a microSD card slot where you can store all the necessary maps, including TOPO 24K, HuntView and others. With an inbuilt compensated electronic compass that features a 3-axis tilt and also a barometric altimeter, you can monitor pressure changes to get the exact altitude you are in.
Moreover, this product offers an increased resolution, with its 2.2” 65K colour display, that you can read even in the presence of harsh sunlight. In conclusion, it also comprises of WASS-enabled GPS receiver as well as HotFix satellite prediction that is meant to trace your accurate position very fast and give you reliable results.
- Can track both GPS as well as GLONASS satellite at the same time.
- eTrex supports paperless geocaching, that helps you to reduce the harm caused to our environment.
- The BaseCamp software gives you the liberty to view topographic data in 2D or 3D on the computer. You can also create GraminAdvenutres with this software that is further shareable with loved ones.
- Due to its durable exterior, it can be attached to ATVs, boats, bicycles, cars, etc.
6. Garmin Montana 680t Handheld GPS And GLONASS
What makes this navigator unique is that it comes with an 8-megapixel digital camera for better resolution and high clarity images. The 4-inch dual orientation touchscreen display can be operated even with gloved hands. Next, its high WAAS- enabled GPS receiver coming with HotFix satellite prediction as well as GLONASS is meant to monitor your location in the most accurate way in no time.
Also, the product’s track manager helps you compile and navigate waypoints, routes etc. Furthermore, the navigator’s 3-axis compass and barometric altimeter allow you to keep an eye on altitude and pressure changes.
- The navigator supports paperless geocaching GPX files and is preloaded with 250,000 worldwide geocaches.
- Certainly, the GPS is pretty high-sensitivity.
- You can share your waypoints, routes and other information wirelessly.
- Has a water rate of IPX7, thus the Garmin handheld GPS is waterproof.
5. Garmin Oregon 650t Handheld GPS with 8MP Digital Camera
The Garmin Oregon 650t is a 3-inch handheld GPS with a display that promises multi-touch capability. With WASS and GLONASS-enabled GPS receiver and HotFix satellite prediction, the navigator can detect your exact location in less time, even in the presence of earth’s challenging elements. Those days are gone when you had to carry a heavy camera for a few pictures. Oregon 650t’s 8 Megapixel camera enables you to capture quality pictures with improved resolution and also allows auto-focus.
Moreover, the Garmin handheld GPS camera will auto-focus and one even has the liberty to pick between landscape or portrait views. Also, the navigator can hold an unlimited number of paperless geocaches which eliminates the problems regarding storage space. As a matter of fact, the LED torch, as well as digital zoom, acts as added advantages.
- The product comprises a built-in U.S. topographic data for the entire country.
- Dual-battery system makes this product stand out from its likes. Both AA batteries and internally rechargeable NiMH pack can be used.
- 3-axis electronic compass, accelerometer tells you which way you are heading even if you are standing still and not holding the GPS level. It also contains a barometric altimeter.
You can definitely put the thought of getting lost on your adventurous journey to rest from now on. With a 100% global Iridium satellite network, the product allows two-way text messaging regardless of any location. To your surprise, you can also trigger an interactive SOS and a rescue team can easily locate you.
Along with preloaded Delorme TOPO maps, the navigator consists of a barometric altimeter, accelerometer as well as digital compass.
- You can pair your navigator with your cell phone or computer and access unlimited maps, aerial imagery etc.
- Its rechargeable battery with internal lithium ion lasts a long time and lets you explore better.
- You can always share your whereabouts with your friends and family.
3. Garmin GPSMAP 78sc Handheld Marine GPS for Boating
Powered by a high sensitivity GPS with Hotfix and a 2.6-inch LCD colour display, the GPS map 78sc stands out from other marine handheld navigators. This water-resistant GPS can float and thus is perfect for water sports and adventures. Plus, the product also contains an inbuilt basemap, 1.7 GB internal memory and a micro SD card slot that lets you load as well as store map data.
In addition, its prolonged battery life makes it possible for you to share your waypoints and tracks wirelessly with your friends and family for a long time. It also comes with a built-in BlueChart g2 that has charts of the U.S and coastal Bahamas, harbours, depth contours etc.
- The navigator consists of a battery slot for 2AA NiMH batteries
- The electronic compass and barometric altimeter allow keeping track of the pressure, altitude and position.
- Comprises a MOB (man over board) button.
- Pretty sleek and certainly a great design.
2. Garmin GPSMAP 66s Handheld GPS for Hiking
Built to withstand rugged terrain, the Garmin GPS MAP 66S has a 3″ colour display and can become your friend in the harshest surroundings. Its preloaded TOPO US and Canada maps help you explore these two countries to the fullest. Next, you can also get updates on weather with its widespread wireless connectivity. Internet connection is the least important issue when it comes to this navigator.
You can pair GPSMAP 66 with the Garmin explore the mobile app and get connected with your surroundings, even when there’s no cell or internet service. Above all, the navigator’s multiple global navigation satellite system (GNSS) acts as your Wayfinder in tough environments.
- An LED Flashlight, as well as SOS, a button is present.
- Has an exclusive application, i.e., night vision goggles.
- The built-in altimeter, barometer and compass track your journey and the altitude you are in.
The best amongst the lot, this is perfect for your needs. Get ready for a completely new experience with the rhino 755t as it features a two-way radio communication and a position reporting capability. In fact, you can communicate by voice as well as text messaging. Built with high sensitivity GPS and GLONASS satellite network helps you to identify your location even in harsh environments.
Powered by dual battery system, the navigator can be operated for up to 18 hours.
- The two-way radio can work over a range of 20 miles.
- The display is 3″ touchscreen and can be read in the presence of the sun.
- Comes with preloaded TOPO U.S. 100K maps.
No more of restricting yourself from taking challenging rides, as the Garmin handheld GPS with maps would not allow you to get lost in the wilds.