Cable modem routers are always unique in a way. With WiFi cable routers, you will be able to get high-speed internet in your grasp without any hassle. Also, the modem routers offer you high bandwidth and thus you get the best service even during the peak hours. Once you install the right router, you will be able to take the complete advantage of fast downloads and uploads. And if you are a gamer, then these modems will provide relief to you.
However, choosing the right router can pose a lot of challenges. That is why; we have compiled this list of best Wifi cable modem routers to buy down below. In this list, we have reviewed every router in detail. Thus, allowing you to understand the advantages each offers and choose the best one for yourself.
Table of Contents
- Table of the Best Cable Modem Routers Reviews
- 10. NETGEAR AC1900 DOCSIS 3.0 Nighthawk WiFi Cable Modem Router Combo
- 9. MOTOROLA MG7540 686 Mbps Maximum DOCSIS 3.0 Plus AC1600 Dual Band Cable Modem Wifi Gigabit Router
- 8. NETGEAR CM600 24×8 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem – Maximum Download Speeds of 960Mbps
- 7. NETGEAR CM500-1AZNAS 16×4 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Cable Modem – 686Mbps Download Speed
- 6. TP-Link TC-W7960S TP-LINK N300 Gateway Docsis 3.0 Cable Modem Router Wifi – 300 Mbps Wifi Speed & 343Mbps Download Speed
- 5. Motorola FBA_Mg7315-10 8X4 Docsis 3.0 Cable Modem Gateway and WiFi N450 GigE Router with Power Boost and Model Mg7315, 343 Mbps
- 4. TP-Link Archer CR500 16×4 DOCSIS3.0 AC1200 Wireless Wifi Cable Modem Router
- 3. ARRIS SURFboard SB6141 8×4 DOCSIS 3.0 Black Cable Modem
- 2. Netgear C6250-100NAS AC1600 16×4 WiFi Cable Modem Router Combo
- 1. ARRIS SURFboard SBG7580AC 32×8 DOCSIS 3.0 Wifi Cable Modem – AC1750 Wi-Fi Router
Table of the Best Cable Modem Routers Reviews
10. NETGEAR AC1900 DOCSIS 3.0 Nighthawk WiFi Cable Modem Router Combo
Now you can maximize your home internet speeds with this cable modem router combo. Experience lag-free PUBG or Fortnite streaming on twitch with this router from Netgear that does the job of two at the price of one. Firstly, it is both a cable modem and a Wi-Fi router. It can give you top internet speed on the AC1900 bandwidth all the way up to 1.9 GB per second. Cable network providers use data channels to deliver internet to your home and it’s better to have a lot of them. This router has the capability for supporting 24 downstream channels that leads to smooth internet experience without congestion.
With this router, you can even stream 4K content during peak hours. If you have 802.11 devices like the iPhone 6 or MacBook Air, you can boost your WiFi coverage and speed. This amazing feature is enabled by the Beamforming technology from Netgear.
- 24 by 8 channel bonding modem technology.
- DOCSIS 3.0 that maintains the high speed without sudden interruptions.
- Fast and strong 1.6 GHz CPU.
9. MOTOROLA MG7540 686 Mbps Maximum DOCSIS 3.0 Plus AC1600 Dual Band Cable Modem Wifi Gigabit Router
With this router, you don’t have to waste hours researching whether it supports your internet service provider or not. To your surprise, it is certified by major ISPs in the US including Time Warner Cable, Charter and Comcast XFINITY. Plus, it can even support phenomenally high residential internet speeds including Extreme 250. Having this modern two-in-one modem cum router you will save a lot of money that you spend each year on modem rentals.
Moreover, it is much faster than DOCSIS 2.0 since it is capable of carrying data through 16 channels that gives you lag-free and superfast performance. Lastly, the dual band wifi cable modem routers lights are basically LEDs having seven status reporting aid in precise monitoring.
- Supports both Wifi bands – 5 Gigahertz and 2.4 Gigahertz.
- Have 4 Ethernet LAN ports for wired connection to your PC or PlayStation.
- Installation is simple and easy.
8. NETGEAR CM600 24×8 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem – Maximum Download Speeds of 960Mbps
If you already own a modem from your local ISP or a third party, then it is probably an older DOCSIS 2.0 model. But Netgear with their CM600 brings to you the ultrafast DOCSIS 3.0 which is 24 times faster than its predecessor. It has the capability of going up way up to 960 Mbps which is more than enough for most residential connections. Plus, simple plug and switch configuration to the side which keeps all complications away from your installation process.
Further, the cable modem router’s mesh design keeps it well-cooled and prevents the device from heating up too much. This small design feature goes a long way to extend the longevity of your modem.
- Works with any WiFi router you have.
- Works easily with most major ISPs including, Spectrum, Xfinity and Cox.
- Has channel bonding with 8 upstream channels and 24 downstream channels.
7. NETGEAR CM500-1AZNAS 16×4 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Cable Modem – 686Mbps Download Speed
Most users just consider the speed cap while buying a router modem. But now internet service providers not only increase bandwidth but also increase the bonding channels to give you an interruption-free and smooth connection. So if your modem supports higher speeds but not the bonding channels then it won’t be supported by the height tier plan of your ISP. Plus, the Netgear CM500 offers 16 downstream and 4 upstream channels aggregated together.
Furthermore, it is certified with CM500 and the maximum cable modem router speed is 300 Mbps. With the 16 times faster DOCSIS 3.0 you get a lot of speed boost and reliable connectivity even during downtime.
- No more annual rental charges for a modem with this one-time affordable purchase.
- Less than 2 pounds and very compact.
- Compatible with major cable internet providers.
6. TP-Link TC-W7960S TP-LINK N300 Gateway Docsis 3.0 Cable Modem Router Wifi – 300 Mbps Wifi Speed & 343Mbps Download Speed
Few dollars a month is reasonable when you get access to thousands of shows and movies. However, it stings a lot when you give that money for hardware you are never going to own. Change that today with this efficient and secure cable modem cum WiFi router from TP-Link. If you are a gamer, then you will cherish the WPS lock feature that comes with this cable modern router for gaming. You don’t need to manually configure everything and do it with the simple WPS button.
With 4 Ethernet ports, it should suffice the needs of most people. But in case you are looking to be a bit adventurous, then you can add over connections with TP-Link’s Gigabit Ethernet switch.
- Good and solid build quality.
- 343 Mbps of a downstream data rate.
5. Motorola FBA_Mg7315-10 8X4 Docsis 3.0 Cable Modem Gateway and WiFi N450 GigE Router with Power Boost and Model Mg7315, 343 Mbps
This advanced piece of tech not only reduces clutter in your network but also reduces them in your physical space. It replaces both your outdated rented modem and your WiFi router. You would be amazed at how much money you can save on equipment fees with this Motorola modem router. Plus, it also got a lot less bulk than your cable provider’s equipment, weighing merely 1.35 pounds.
Being an integrated device with both modem and router it has less wiring and more reliable connection. With the rise in the internet, users’ malicious activities online are on the rise as well. To combat and protect you from such situations this router has a Broadcom Cable Modem Chipset which shields you from DOS attacks.
- Two years of warranty
- 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports for your home’s local network
- Has very informative and graphic indicator lights at the front that shows its status and operations
4. TP-Link Archer CR500 16×4 DOCSIS3.0 AC1200 Wireless Wifi Cable Modem Router
Subscriptions are the greatest tools that are used in the tech industry to sell you things that would never be your own. Few dollars a month for the rental might not hurt but when added over the year, you will feel the sting. Moreover, you will never own that hardware. Switching to TP-Link’s Archer CR500 lets you save a lot on your rental fees. It costs too little for what it does. You get WiFi speed of 1200 Mbps to downloads speed as high as 680 Mbps.
Further, configuring the modem is as easy as it gets. Just plug it in and go to your ISP’s website for the automatic provisioning necessary. With the 16 by 4 channel, bonding network congestion and irritating lags during downtime are eliminated.
- Dual core processor for that raw performance.
- DOCSIS 3.0 certification from CableLabs.
- 4 Internal antennas for great coverage.
3. ARRIS SURFboard SB6141 8×4 DOCSIS 3.0 Black Cable Modem
A great and super affordable modem from ARRIS, it will give you the best benefits for the buck. Latest Internet standards are IPv6 and to keep you updated ARRIS has equipped this modem with that capability. It is one of the cheapest models in the industry to support DOCSIS 3.0 and is capable of attaining download speeds crossing the 340 Mbps mark.
Furthermore, installing this doesn’t require an arsenal of technical knowledge. You can plug in the power cord and the live coax cable. With a few minutes of the provisioning process, you are ready to enjoy HD entertainment and high-speed gaming. Also, it has as many as 8 download channels coupled with 4 upload channels.
- More than 130 Mbps of upload speed.
- Supports Time Warner Cable, Comcast XFINITY, Cox, Charter and more.
- A warranty period of 2 years.
2. Netgear C6250-100NAS AC1600 16×4 WiFi Cable Modem Router Combo
With a sleek and ergonomic design, the Netgear C6250 is not only feature-packed but goes well with your high-end setup than the modem from your cable provider. It has a 1.6 GHz processor that drives the high-speed WiFi as well as USB and wire speeds. The internet is an educational and a wild place. So with this device, you will have full control of your WiFi network so that your children are shielded from the dark corners of the internet.
Also, you will have parental control and website filtering to prevent even accidental access to inappropriate sites. Apart from supporting HD streaming, quick downloads as well as online gaming, it offers 680 Mbps speed of modem and Dual-band.
- Gigabit Ethernet ports that leave traditional Ethernet ports in the dust when it comes to speed.
- With the Netgear Genie app, you can control your WiFi remotely,
- Compatible with a wide range of ISPs.
1. ARRIS SURFboard SBG7580AC 32×8 DOCSIS 3.0 Wifi Cable Modem – AC1750 Wi-Fi Router
The SURFboard SBG7580AC is a feature loaded modem that you need for high-quality streams and games. At an unbelievable rate, you get a 32 by 8 connection. That means 33 downstream channels with an additional 8 upstream channels. So even if the servers are having a lot of traffic, it won’t affect your download speed much since one gets 32 channels for the data to reach your device. It is a feature that all gamers need since it significantly reduces latency.
During thrilling FPS games, a moment of a fractional second of lag can ruin your chances for victory. Avoid that with this modem that supports tremendously fast speeds. It supports both bands of WiFi which means your device would be supported with 2.4 GHz band as well as the 5.0 GHz band.
- 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports that you can use for a home LAN setup.
- Up to 1.4 Gbps download speed, way more than you would require.
- You get McAfee Secure for your home internet and an app to remotely monitor.
Enjoy the fast speed and have amazing gaming experience by installing cable modem gigabit router combo,