With summer in full swing, you might want to look into upgrading your camping gear. One such upgrade is camping screen houses, which are also known as screen tents. Simply put, they are larger than the usual tents, have screen doors all around them and a solid roof. They serve four main purposes: they provide shelter from the rain, protect you from the sun with solid shade, keep you safe from mosquitoes and other insects, and can keep your belongings safer. While they are not full replacements for regular sleeping tents, they can serve as a compliment and extra layer of security to your already existing tent.
When searching for a good camping screen house, you will need to first consider a size that is suitable. Larger ones can accommodate things like picnic tables and a couple chairs. You will want a tent with strong UV protection on the fabric, so it doesn’t degrade over time. Also, flaps or curtains offer better rain protection while you’re inside it, and large doors make it easier to enter to exit. How easy it is to assemble and its weight/bulkiness are both factors to consider. And finally, you might look for a specific style or design that is fitting.
Table of Contents
- Table of The Best Camping Screen Houses Reviews
- 10. Clam Corporation Quick-Set Forest Green Escape Shelter
- 9. Coleman Instant Screened Canopy
- 8. Clam Corporation Brown/Beige Quick-Set Pavilion
- 7. PSW – Patio Accessories Home & Garden Velcro Mosquito Net
- 6. Casita 8-Panel White Round Screenhouse with Gray Roof
- 5. Tailgaterz Magnetic Camping Screen Houses
- 4. Casita Brown Round Screenhouse with Almond Roof
- 3. Patio-Mate Brown Screen Enclosure with Almond Roof
- 2. Patio-Mate Brown Screen Enclosure with Almond Roof
- 1. Paha Que Rainfly Camping Screen Houses
Table of The Best Camping Screen Houses Reviews
10. Clam Corporation Quick-Set Forest Green Escape Shelter
This round, 140 x 140-inch screen house is super easy to set up and is perfect for any camping trip, picnic or simply enjoying your yard outside. It features 94 total square feet of space, and the no-see-um mesh keeps pests out without hindering the breeze coming in. The fabric is designed from a 210 denier, while the center section of the roof is 600 denier. This ensures a high overall UV protection of up to 50+ SPF. This kit even comes with six deluxe tent stakes and tie-down ropes, along with a carry bag for storage and transport.
- It is easy to bring for any camping.
- It is easy to set up.
- Its roof effectively protects water drop.
9. Coleman Instant Screened Canopy
Coming in at a reasonable price, this mid-sized screen tent is perfect for the beach or camping trips. With its simple hexagonal shape and angled screen doors, this tent is perfectly sized for a single small table, a few chairs, and other accessories. The roof is made from a rugged fabric that protects you against harsh sunlight. The most impressive part of this tent though is that it features two large T-doors. This gives guests easier access, and can even act as an alternative exit/entrance during stormy, windy weather.
- It helps to protect from the wind, the sun, and bugs
- It is easy to install
- Dimension: 82.68 x 157.48 x 181.1 inches
- Weight: 18.2 pounds
- International shipping is not eligible.
8. Clam Corporation Brown/Beige Quick-Set Pavilion
With its rugged construction and natural aesthetic, this high-end screen tent from Clam Corporation is solidly built. It is really easy to set up in just 45 seconds. There is no pre-assembly required, and you can get started right away right out of the box. The built-in wind and rain panels protect you well, and the adjustable zipper panels give you more versatility. The no-see-um mesh screen keeps pests out while the water-resistant roof will keep your head dry.
- It is easily adjustable
- Dimension: 150 x 150 x 94 inches
- Weight: 39 pounds
7. PSW – Patio Accessories Home & Garden Velcro Mosquito Net
Perfect for outdoor BBQs and having guests over outside, this extra-tall screen tent is well-designed and beautifully crafted. Its design has a cool, neutral aesthetic along with its angular design. The velcro straps along the polyester netting make it easy to attach and set up with ease. The mosquito net along the surface of the tent keeps all tiny insects and pests out, making your outdoor experience more pleasurable.
- It is easy to install
- It is made of Polyester
- Dimension: 12 x 12 x 6 inches
- Weight: 4 pounds
6. Casita 8-Panel White Round Screenhouse with Gray Roof
With its round 8 panel design, this screen tent offers a unique and attractive style for your family to enjoy. It can add 90 square feet of living space that is suitable for 3 seasons. It comes 90 percent pre-assembled and the finishing touches are easy to wrap up out of the box. It features a heavy-duty metal frame that is specially treated to resist fading and oxidation. The fiberglass screening is 100% rust proof, and the memory mesh keeps the breeze flowing while keeping insects out. The Tough Triple layer vinyl roof prevents water pocketing, sagging and resists any negative bacteria growth.
- Its roof is made of heavy duty grommets
- Its frame is made of heavy-duty metal
- Dimension: 133 x 133 x 90 inches
- Weight: 86 pounds
5. Tailgaterz Magnetic Camping Screen Houses
Even though this screen house from Tailgaters is built from high-quality materials, it is still reasonably priced. The namesake of this tent is also its best feature. The magnetic doors can work hands-free, which is great for extra convenience. The sturdy steel and fiberglass frame design is excellent, and the large mesh walls help keep mosquitos out of your space. It has an overall space of 11 by 9 feet in a rectangular area.
- It helps to protect insects out
- It is easy to install
- It is made of Fiberglass
- Dimension: 132 x 108 x 112 inches
- Weight: 17.5 pounds
- International shipping is available for some selected countries.
4. Casita Brown Round Screenhouse with Almond Roof
If you’re looking to explore more premium options for larger screen houses, check out this model from Casita. With its 12 panels, it aligns in a round manner adding 162 square feet of 3 season living space. It comes with most of its parts pre-assembled, taking the guesswork and hassle out of the final assembly. The fiberglass screening is rustproof, while the standard mesh will keep mosquitoes out without stopping the refreshing breeze. The door uses a standard swing-out hinge method and can be positioned as you like through the final assembly.
- Its Fiberglass screening is rustproof
- Dimension: 96 x 177 x 177 inches
- Weight: 175 pounds
- It is available for international shipping.
3. Patio-Mate Brown Screen Enclosure with Almond Roof
Coming in a solid 7-panel set, this particular model from Patio Mate is designed to add on to your existing deck, mobile home or concrete patio. It is equipped with a heavy-duty galvanized cold rolled steel frame. This frame is baked on with a premium finish that resists oxidation and fading over time. The tough triple layer roof resists mildew, and other assorted rains build up. The sliding door can be placed as you like, making for a sleek exit.
2. Patio-Mate Brown Screen Enclosure with Almond Roof
Similar to the previous model, this 8-panel screen enclosure is another patio accompaniment, except it, offers slightly more space. This makes it perfect if you own a larger patio or deck and want to maximize the comfortable living area on it. It adds 119 square feet of space. Like the previous Patio Mate product, this comes with a strong fiberglass screening and the well-built roof that is resistant to numerous concerns.
1. Paha Que Rainfly Camping Screen Houses
If you’re looking for a budget screen house that is suitable for smaller setups, check out this model from Paha Que. It comes in a green and gray style with a round design that is more similar to traditional living tents. The roof is built tough which delivers a complete waterproof experience. It is 10 x 10 feet in area, and since it is fairly small, it makes it much easier to set up. There is also a 12 x 12 feet size available in case you need a bit of extra wiggle room.