If you happen to drive an electric car, then you know how it feels to run our charge at peak charging times. This is where car charging stations come into play to help you recharge your car batteries faster. Car charging stations are portable units that help boost your electric car battery charger. They are simple designs that can be used anywhere. Most of these units charge batteries pretty fast and a perfect choice for people on the go.
In this post, we are going to help choose the best car charging stations to buy this year. Make sure you read through our reviews and select one station that best suits your charging needs.
Table of Contents
- 8. JuiceBox WiFi-equipped Electric Vehicle Charging Station – EVSE
- 7. Siemens US2 VersiCharge Universal Charging Station
- 6. ChargePoint Home WiFi Electric Vehicle EV Charger
- 5. Siemens US2:VC30GRYHW VersiCharge Hard-Wired
- 4. EVoCharge EVSE, Level 2 Electric Vehicle Charging Station
- 3. ClipperCreek EV Charging Station
- 2. ClipperCreek HCS-50P, Plug-in 240V, 40A, EV Charging Station
- 1. ChargePoint Home WiFi Enabled Electric Vehicle (EV) Charger
8. JuiceBox WiFi-equipped Electric Vehicle Charging Station – EVSE
This is a 40-amp charging station ideal for indoor and outdoor installation. It is a quality charging station UL listed for safety. The station features a cable management mount to prevent cables from tangling up. It also features the JuiceNet full app features where users can schedule charging and use the Alex voice feature for controls. This is a powerful charging station ideal for EV drivers in need of fast charging. It is also versatile and works with any power source. Simply plug it any regular wall socket, dryer, RV type using the available adapters.
- Works with any power source
- Full-app and web-based charging control
- Alexa voice control feature
- High power 40A
7. Siemens US2 VersiCharge Universal Charging Station
This is a level two quick charging station with 40A and 240V. It is a pretty simple design that easily sets up in seconds with a mounting bracket included. It features a long 20 feet charging cable. The station offers flexible control with pause options and delays functions of 2 hours, 4 hours, 6 hours, and 8 hours. This unit operates within a temperature range of -30 degrees C to +50 degrees C. Overall; this is a quality unit built to last. It comes with three years warranty. It is universally compatible with all Tesla cars and J1772 complying cars.
- Quicker charging
- Easier setup with mounting bracket included
- Sturdy and built to last
- Flexible control and timer delay function
6. ChargePoint Home WiFi Electric Vehicle EV Charger
The Charge Point is a lever two-car charging station that gives you up to 25 miles under 4 hours charge. The station charges up to 5 times faster than wall socket outlets. It is a universally compatible station that works with a wide range of electric cars. It also comes with a ChargePoint app which helps schedule your charging and et reminders. This way, you can easily track your charging from a single place. Overall, this is a quality 40A 240V EV charger. It is energy star certified for efficient energy consumption. It also features the smart Alexa voice function for smart charging. The design is also compact and sleek to fit in small spaces.
- Designed and built for electrical safety
- 40A and 240 V circuit
- Plug-in station for easy use everywhere
- Smart home charging using the Amazon Alexa feature
5. Siemens US2:VC30GRYHW VersiCharge Hard-Wired
This is another level 2 20 amps and 240V charging station with four times faster charging than level one station. The charging stations operate smoothly in temperatures range of minus 30 degrees C and plus 50 degrees C. Setup of the station is quite easy with a mounting bracket included. Hardwired installation requires an electrician. The 14 feet long charging cable offers convenient charging everywhere you go. Overall, this is a flexible charging station with a delay function feature of 2, 4, 6, and 8 hours.
- 14 feet long charging cable
- Level two charging station with 40 amps and 240V
- Easier set-up
- Universal compatibility
4. EVoCharge EVSE, Level 2 Electric Vehicle Charging Station
The EvoCharge is a highly rated car charging station that charges all the PHEVs and EVs. It is a versatile station that is fully compatible with all EV AND PHEV made in the United States. It is a lever two station with super-fast charging speeds. The station delivers a maximum of 7.68kW output providing users with an average of 25-35 miles per hour of charging. The installation process of this unit is also easy. There is a universal mount bracket for easy pedestal or wall mounting. You can also adjust the current output from 32A, 24A, and 16A to suit multiple circuit ratings.
- Adjustable current output
- Maximum 7.68Kw output
- 25-35 miles per hour of charging
- Charges all EVs and PHEVs
3. ClipperCreek EV Charging Station
The ClipperCreek car charging station is a safe UL and ETL listed device that meets that accepted safety standards. It is a powerful level two station that charges three times faster than level one stations. It is a versatile station working for all-electric cars but a perfect fit for 3.3kW plug-in PHEVs. This is a convenient station that comes in a compact size for portability. It also features a long 25 feet cable for easy and convenient charging. There is a further specially designed padlock for safety. Overall, this is a reliable charging station with excellent cable management.
- Included padlock for safety
- Compact size
- 25 feet long charging cable
- UL and ETL listed
2. ClipperCreek HCS-50P, Plug-in 240V, 40A, EV Charging Station
This is a 50P highly powered level two car charging station with seven times faster charging speeds. It is a perfect 40A station ideal plug-in EV. The station features a NEMA 4 enclosure for safe outdoor and indoor charging. It comes in a convenient compact size and features a long 25 feet charging cable. A further integrated cable wrap helps keep your cable neatly stored. This coupled with the three years warranty makes this station a great buy. Overall, this is a simple station with easy installation that makes car charging as simple as phone charging.
- Compact size
- 25 feet charging cable
- Easy installation
- NEMA 4 enclosure for safety
1. ChargePoint Home WiFi Enabled Electric Vehicle (EV) Charger
This is our final best electric vehicle charger with the capabilities of giving users 25 miles per hour of charge. It is a faster charger six times faster than most wall socket outlets. The station also has an app for excellent charge scheduling. It is a safe design UL listed for safety. It is a compact size that you can take with you everywhere you go. You can also charge smartly using the Amazon Alexa voice feature.
- Amazon Alex feature
- Compact size
- 40amp and 240V circuit
- ChargePoint app for scheduled charging
These by far are the best car charging stations on the market to buy this year. They feature excellent charging speeds and are compatible with most electric vehicles. Make sure you buy from the list above to guarantee yourself a top-quality charger.