Climbing pulleys are common equipment used for safe climbing at construction sites, boats, ship, trees and just any form of climbing. While climbing is quite exciting, it is also risky, and necessary safety precautions must be taken. One such safety measure is getting the best climbing pulley. If you’re looking for a top pulley system for climbing, then you’ve come to the right place. We’ve reviewed the best climbing pulleys on the market currently and come up with the list below.
You can confidently choose a pulley system from our selections below and get excellent value for your money. Go right ahead and check our recommended climbing pulleys before making a purchase decision.
Table of Contents
- Table of the Best Climbing Pulleys Reviews
- 10. Fusion Climb Ekat Micro Aluminum Side Swing Pulley
- 9. GM CLIMBING UIAA Certified 30KN Swing Cheek Micro Pulley
- 8. GM CLIMBING 29kN Micro Pulley Slack Tender for Hitch Tending
- 7. GM CLIMBING 32Kn Large Single/Double Sheave Rescue Pulley
- 6. GM CLIMBING Hardware Kit for Mechanical Advantage Pulley
- 5. PETZL – Mobile Versatile Ultracompact Pulley
- 4. GM CLIMBING 40KN Micro Double Pulley for Tree Climbing
- 3. Fusion Climb Secura Double Aluminum Side Swing Pulley
- 2. NAXEN CE Certified Climbing Pulley Mobile Side Plate Ball Bearing
- 1. PETZL Oscillate Pulley
Table of the Best Climbing Pulleys Reviews
10. Fusion Climb Ekat Micro Aluminum Side Swing Pulley
This is a durable aluminium constructed climbing pulley for easy and safe rescues. It features a single Ekat micro pulley for safe climbing. The pulley is made of 1.5-inch thick aluminium with smooth round edges for a smooth flow of the pulley system. The design of this climbing pulley is small and lightweight but pretty strong and durable. It is rated MBS 20 KN in terms of strength and makes a great choice.
- Durable aluminium construction
- Smooth round edges
- Small and lightweight
- Fixed aluminium swing plates
9. GM CLIMBING UIAA Certified 30KN Swing Cheek Micro Pulley
This is a much stronger climbing pulley with up to 30KN breaking strength. It is a safe pulley that will meet all your safety standards. This is a light and compact climbing pulley that works in a wide range of applications. You can use it for tree climbing, rescue, hauling, tensioning system and dragging. The pulley features a swing cheek for easy installation and removal of the rope. Overall, the rope rotates smoothly allowing for maximum mechanical advantage. It also features ball-bearings giving you less contact area with the axle hence very little friction.
- 30KN breaking strength
- Blue ball bearings for less contact with the axle and less friction
- Swing cheek for easy installation and removal of the rope
- Versatile and can be used in wide applications
8. GM CLIMBING 29kN Micro Pulley Slack Tender for Hitch Tending
This is another compact pulley system with a maximum strength of 29KN. It is a quality pulley with a fixed side and one compatible with ropes measuring up to 0.5 inches thick. It is a perfect pulley for double rope climbing. The climbing pulley allows for easy installation of the rope and can satisfy most of your requirements. It is a common pulley used in most climbing systems and one that easily reduces friction. Overall, this is a general purpose pulley that will succeed in most applications.
- Rated 29Kn strength
- Fits most ropes up to 0.5 inches
- Light and compact
- Easy to install the rope
7. GM CLIMBING 32Kn Large Single/Double Sheave Rescue Pulley
This is a versatile single/double pulley climbing suitable for most people. The pulley is ideal for mountain rescue, ski patrol and tower jobs. It can also be used to haul heavy loads. The pulley featured ball-bearings for smoothness and efficiency of the ropes. You can easily install the rope and smoothly swing from side to side. With a rating of 32Kn/71000lbs, this pulley unit is a great choice to buy with confidence.
- Strong and rated 32Kn
- Mounted ball bearings for increased efficiency and smoothness
- Hauls big loads easily
- Works for single/double rescue pulleys
6. GM CLIMBING Hardware Kit for Mechanical Advantage Pulley
This GM climbing pulley is another versatile choice that easily sets a 5 to 1 or 4 to 1 hauling system to suit different application. It can be used to haul something up, remove your car from the ditch and rescue people. They come in a set of two and are pretty compact occupying little space in storage. Overall, these are sturdy and versatile pulleys that can be used in over 100 applications.
- Compact and take very little space in your trunk
- Sets up 5 to 1 or 4 to 1 hauling system
- Versatile and can be used in over 100 applications
- Great strength
5. PETZL – Mobile Versatile Ultracompact Pulley
The Petzl is one of the most durable and ultra-compact pulleys on the market to consider buying. It is specifically designed for deviations and hauling systems. The pulley is quite efficient with sheave mountings. It self-lubricates and ensures a smooth movement of the rope with minimal friction. It is a quality pulley compatible with most ropes ranging from 7-13mm. The design is also lightweight with the pulley weighing a mere 75 grams. You can carry it anywhere as it occupies little space in storage.
- Lightweight and weighs a mere 75 grams
- Fits most ropes from 7-13mm
- Sheave mounted on self-lubricating for efficiency
- Ideal for hauling systems and deviations
4. GM CLIMBING 40KN Micro Double Pulley for Tree Climbing
This is by far one of the strongest climbing pulleys with a breaking strength of 40KN to easily withstand heavy loads. The pulley features swing plates that allow for fast rope installation and removal. It is a quality pulley that adopts the use of ball bearing sheave for smooth rotation of the rope. Overall, this pulley is CE, and UIAA certified for safety. You can buy with confidence knowing you have one of the strongest climbing pulleys out there.
- Quite strong with a 40kn breaking strength
- Easy rope installation and removal
- Ball bearing sheave adoption for smooth rotation
- Lightweight, compact and durable
3. Fusion Climb Secura Double Aluminum Side Swing Pulley
This is a beautiful purple coloured climbing pulley with a durable aluminium construction. The pulley is not just durable but also lightweight and one you can easily carry from place to place. The pulley features two aluminium independent wheels to allow for multiple setups. It is an efficient pulley with swing side plates and smooth rounded edges. The pulley is also strong with a breaking strength of 34kn. It can be used for a wide industrial and sports applications.
- Durable aluminium construction
- Ideal for sports and industrial applications
- 34KN breaking strength
- Side swing aluminium plates for easy rope installation and removal
2. NAXEN CE Certified Climbing Pulley Mobile Side Plate Ball Bearing
This is a compact design climbing pulley system specifically designed for mountain rescue, tower works and other rescues. It features a sheave mounted on the ball bearings for excellent lubrication and smooth rotation. This is easy to use a pulley with a breaking strength of 25Kn. It is a versatile choice to use in mountain climbing, caving, rescue and much more.
- 25kn breaking strength
- Easy to use
- Ball bearings for high efficiency
- Compact design
1. PETZL Oscillate Pulley
This is our final choice for the best climbing pulley system and one you can buy with confidence. It is a quality pulley with side swings for easy rope installations. The side swings are quite crucial during emergencies helping you install the rope in seconds. The pulley features an aluminium side plate and nylon sheave for added strength and better weight ratio. This pulley has a working load of 4Kn and works with ropes measuring 7-11mm.
- 4kn weight load
- Quick and easy rope installation due to swing plates
- Aluminium side plate and nylon sheave for added strength
- Fits 7-11mm ropes
These by far are the best climbing pulley systems on the market to help achieve a wide range of climbing and rescue applications. The pulleys feature high efficiency and easy rope installations. Make sure you get one of these at home or in your car for that emergency. You can never go wrong buying a climbing pulley as it always comes to your aid when you least expected.