Ever asked yourself why your dog has pointy ears? Why is it the fiercest dog in the neighborhood? Well, just like humans, who are defined by our genetic makeups, dogs follow the same suit. It would be very interesting to know what exactly your dog’s breed is. While we use DNA tests to know where we came from, for dogs, it is quite crucial and different. Dogs are prone to certain hereditary diseases, something we definitely can’t ignore. Fortunately, with the help of Dog DNA Tests, we won’t just learn their history and their genetic makeup but also know how our lovely pets are prone to certain diseases. If you love your dog, you definitely must be the rescue type, and you won’t take any chances. The great news is, we have reviewed the Best Dog DNA Tests after thorough research. Here we go:
Table of Contents
- Table of the Best Dog DNA Tests Reviews
- 10. Breed Identification DNA Test Kit – Wisdom Panel 3.0
- 9. Most Complete Dog Breed Test – IndentiBreed
- 8. Breed and Genetic Ancestry Discovery Dog DNA Test Kit – Embark
- 7. Mixed Breed Dog DNA Test By Wisdom Panel
- 6. Breed Identification DNA Test Kit – Window Panel 2.0
- 5. Breed Identification DNA Test Kit By Mars Veterinary Wisdom Panel 3.0
- 4. Wisdom Panel 2.5 Breed Identification DNA Test Kit – Mars Veterinary
- 3. Health Canine DNA Test – Wisdom Panel
- 2. K9 DNA Tet Find My Pet Dog Matters
- 1. Dog DNA Test Breed Identification – Orivet
Table of the Best Dog DNA Tests Reviews
10. Breed Identification DNA Test Kit – Wisdom Panel 3.0
On the first spot comes the Wisdom Panel 3.0 Breed Identification DNA Kit that will give you pretty cool information about your dog. Boasting a large database with more than 250 breeds, this kit will help you understand what exactly makes up your beautiful black rescue dog. It employs advanced algorithmic involving more than 17,000,000 calculations giving a detailed report on the history of your dog’s family.
Plus, you want to avoid the risks associated with MDR1 mutations, an issue this DNA test will help you out with. On the other hand, Wisdom Panel 3.0 will help you get useful knowledge on allergies and reactions of your pet to certain drugs. Even better is the fact that, in addition to getting detailed breed information, you will also get to know the three-generation family tree of your pet. Overall, this is one of the best and leading canine genetic tests. It only takes two swabs to get the job done.
- Contains breed information for more than 250 varieties
- Life-saving drug sensitivity MDR1 screening
- Detailed breed info plus 3-generation family tree
- Provides breed information in percentages
9. Most Complete Dog Breed Test – IndentiBreed
Covering more than 160 health conditions, IdentiBreed is another top-rated Dog DNA Test Kit worth your bucks. It only takes a swab on your dog’s cheeks to get the most complete information on your dogs’ breed, nutrition info, food intolerances, stress hormones, and genetic condition. Do not let your pet suffer from dilated cardiomyopathy, glaucoma, and degenerative myelopathy.
Another major plus of using IdentiBreed is getting the opportunity to know the environment and food intolerances of your dog. With a small hair sample, you can learn what to avoid from over 125 foods. To sum it up, IdentiBreed Dog DNA Test makes the best option for advanced tests.
- Great for stress management
- Test over 160 health conditions
- Identifies both food and environmental conditions
- One of the most complete dog test
8. Breed and Genetic Ancestry Discovery Dog DNA Test Kit – Embark
If you want to trace the maternal and paternal group of your beautiful dog while perusing through over 175 dog breeds, look no further than the Embark Dog DNA Test. For several years, Embark has been offering advanced insight into the dog’s genetic health. Covering more than 98% of canines in the USA, this kit can help you trace the origin of your dog’s genetic makeup up to great-grandparents.
Planning for the healthy aging of your dog is now possible with the comprehensive genetic test that covers more than 160 diseases. Moreover, Embark boasts 20 times more genetic health information compared to other Dog DNA Tests in the market, owing to its certification by the Orthopedic Foundation for Animals. From environmental adaptation, altitude, and coat color, Embark Dog DNA Test got you covered.
- Rich genetic ancestry
- Tests over 175 dog breeds
- Certification by Orthopedic Foundation for Animals
- Comprehensive genetic testing
7. Mixed Breed Dog DNA Test By Wisdom Panel
When you need to know the exact history of your dog and be prepared for any feature medical issues, try the Wisdom Panel Dog DNA Test. Put an end to all the guesswork and the curiosity in regard to the behavior of your buddy. Wondering your dog loves to mess around in your backyard or has a curly tail? Why is it so restless at all times? Well, all the answers lie in his DNA.
This is why Wisdom Panel Dog DNA Test only requires you to do a swap inside your dog’s cheek and get all the answers emailed to you within 2-3 weeks. Once the dog’s ancestry is in your hands, you can offer the best diet, get a deeper understanding of all your dog’s natural tendencies, and even custom-deliver the best training programs.
- Comprehensive mixed-breed DNA Test
- Helps customize the nutrition plan of your buddy
- Get to understand certain natural tendencies of your dog
6. Breed Identification DNA Test Kit – Window Panel 2.0
When you just don’t seem to understand the chemistry of your dog, stop the guesswork and get all the answers by using Wisdom Panel 2.0 DNA Test Kit. It is the secret to finally getting to understand the behavior and the special appearance of your little dog. With a cheek swab alone, you get to understand the deeper genetic ancestry of your dog tracing back to the great grandparents.
Tired of making wrong dietary choices? Well, predicting the weight range of your adult dog can be difficult using your own insight. Fortunately, with the help of Wisdom Panel 2.0 Breed DNA Test, you can make the correct choices. It is possible to get and understand the genetic information of designer breeds, mixed breeds, and purebreds.
- Great for weight management
- Test designer, pure and mixed breeds
- Helps one understand the unique appearances, behavior, and needs of dogs
- Detailed breed insight
5. Breed Identification DNA Test Kit By Mars Veterinary Wisdom Panel 3.0
Another outstanding Dog DNA test from Wisdom Panel is the Mars Veterinary Panel 3.0 Breed Identification Kit. It is a reliable kit for those willing to get accurate results on the ancestry genetics of your dog. No more guesswork, get an answer as to why your dog has unique fur, curly tail, and is always digging holes in the backyard. It only takes a simple cheek swab to uncover the truth behind your dog’s habits and appearance.
Furthermore, you will be in a position to offer the most appropriate training program after getting DNA-based insights. Even more important is the MDR1 testing that helps you learn about multi-drug sensitivity. You will also plan your nutrition well with an accurate weight range prediction.
- Comes with free pet food lid cover
- Includes MDR1 testing
- Helps in proper nutrition plans
- DNA-based insights help determine the best training program
4. Wisdom Panel 2.5 Breed Identification DNA Test Kit – Mars Veterinary
It feels good to be able to know the deep roots of your dogs, knowing the great-grandparents and their ancient origin. Well, one of the most convenient and cost-effective ways of knowing such is by using the Mars Veterinary Wisdom panel 2.5 breed DNA Test kit. It a reliable way to uncover the deep DNA insights behind your dog’s unique physical features and behavior.
With a simple cheek swab, you can offer the most appropriate training and nutrition plan after learning about adult weight range prediction based on DNA-insight. Furthermore, it can be heartbreaking seeing your little buddy develop adverse reactions to particular drugs. Fortunately, you can avoid such with this DNA Test Kit that incorporates MDR1 testing.
- Affordable kit
- Simple to use
- Includes MDR1 testing
- Adult weight range prediction for better diet and training programs
3. Health Canine DNA Test – Wisdom Panel
In the comfort of your home, you can know the origin of your dog’s breed. With an excellent Dog DNA test kit such as Wisdom Panel Health Canine Test, you can have your dog’s breed compared with over 350 breeds, types, and varieties. Wondering why your dog has unusual traits unlike your neighbor’s? Well, Wisdom Panel boasts of the largest breed database. Enjoy the rare opportunity of using your dog’s DNA insight to trace the origins of your buddy using the third-generation family tree.
Even more fortunate is the fact that, with the information of more than 150 genetic health conditions, you can avoid life-threatening dog diseases and share the same with your veterinary. Plan for your buddy’s aging in style with Wisdom Panel Health Canine DNA Test, it is worth your bucks.
- In-depth information on drug sensitivities
- The accurate and detailed family history
- Test more than 250 breeds and varieties
- Perfect for healthy aging of your dog
- Screening for more than 150 health conditions
2. K9 DNA Tet Find My Pet Dog Matters
Do you look at the adorable buddy in the neighborhood and wish you had such? Well, physical appearance may not reveal everything you may want to know about a dog. This is where Dog DNA Tests such as Find My Pet DNA Dog Test comes in. With a simple cheek swab, you could get all the answers to your long-unanswered questions. Tracing the ancestral long lineage of your dog has now become a reality so simple that it can be done at home.
This kit will help you understand certain dominant behaviors of your dog, know its pure breed, and be prepared for any health concerns. With adequate DNA-based insight, you can also provide the most appropriate training for your buddy.
- Helps identify dog’s predisposition to certain diseases
- Genetic health concerns
- Breed composition
- Simple to use and practical
1. Dog DNA Test Breed Identification – Orivet
When you want to give the best care to your dog, you definitely need some background information. Fortunately, you can achieve that through a painless process that only requires you to take a cheek swab of your dog. The Orivet Dog DNA Test Kit boasts hundreds of tested genetic markers. In a matter of a few weeks, you will effortlessly get results emailed to you, putting an end to all your queries and curiosities.
More important, you will be able to plan the life of your tough buddy after getting DNA-based insight. With Orivet DNA Test Kit, you will get the adequate knowledge to plan for emerging common health problems, come up with the most appropriate nutrition plan, and change for the better. To know your dog and plan better, I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Orivet Dog DNA Test Kit.
- A painless and effortless process
- Results from accredited US labs
- Comprehensive Dog DNA Test
- Enables one to customize the life of your pet
- Quick and reliable results