For ages, hammers have always failed to keep up with the time where you have to replace or repair it for one reason or another. Some of the typical issues you face with hammers include the hammerhead loosening over time or falling off of the handle, getting chipped away or the handle getting broken due to a misplaced swing. However, the sledge hammers are indeed the best in all ways. It will easily smash down any given object and no damage will be caused to the hammer itself.
If you aren’t an expert, you would never be able to identify a quality product. So, here is the expert suggestion that will aid you in picking the top-rated sledge hammers.
Table of Contents
- Table of the Best Sledge Hammers Reviews
- 10. Fiskars 750620-1001 Pro IsoCore 36-Inch Sledge Hammers
- 9. The AMES Companies 16-Pound Jackson Sledge Hammers
- 8. Estwing Sure Strike Drilling/Crack Hammer – Sledge with Fiberglass Handle & No-Slip Cushion Grip
- 7. Stanley AntiVibe Fiberglass Engineering Sledge Hammer
- 6. Truper 8-Pound Hickory Handle Sledge Hammer
- 5. GROZ Heavy Duty 8lb Sledge Hammer with Indestructible Handle
- 4. Wilton 8 Lb. BASH Sledge Hammer with Unbreakable Handle
- 3. GIANT 10 LB Dead-Blow Sledge Hammer
- 2. Wilton Sledge Hammer with Safety Plate Securing Head to Handle
- 1. Estwing BIG BLUE Engineer’s Sledge with Steel Construction & Shock Reduction Grip
Table of the Best Sledge Hammers Reviews
10. Fiskars 750620-1001 Pro IsoCore 36-Inch Sledge Hammers
Demolishing tasks would be less challenging and give you less discomfort with this sledgehammer from Fiskars. This hammer features Fiskars renowned and reliable IsoCore Shock Control System that can absorb a lot of the retaliation shock that comes whenever you hit something with a hammer. Wooden handles are bad conductors of heat and vibration, unlike metal. So they have high shock resistance capabilities.
But this durable sledge hammer performs even better. It gives you two times less shock and vibration than wooden handles without their vulnerability to easy damage. The wedged face on this hammer can concentrate all your force at a single vector. This increases the impact and amplifies the destructive power by 5 times compared to hammers with traditional designs. Lastly, you can use the demolition face for various purposes including wood demolition, domestic demolition tasks like getting rid of hard and stubborn concrete construction and more.
- It directs all the force to your opposite direction so that you injured by debris flying towards you.
- Driving face has a large diameter which lets you deliver blunt force easily.
- Fiskars stands behind their amazing product by backing it up with a lifetime warranty.
9. The AMES Companies 16-Pound Jackson Sledge Hammers
The Ames Companies has created one of the best hammers for taking care of heavy-duty tasks. With this hammer, you can obtain unmatched strike force than most other models in the market. The hammerhead has a double-faced design that lets you alternate between each face during strikes and endures less force on each side.
You can use it for driving most types of materials like metal, wood or concrete onto the ground or just smash them with this hammer for demolition work
- Hammerhead is forged out of steel while the shaft is made from high-quality fibreglass.
- With a long shaft lifting and swinging the heavy 16-pound head is easier.
- The heavy-duty sledge hammer certainly weighs 17 pounds.
8. Estwing Sure Strike Drilling/Crack Hammer – Sledge with Fiberglass Handle & No-Slip Cushion Grip
Estwing creates some of the best tools in the industry and this hammer is a great example of that. The head is forged from steel and is highly durable than products from most other competitors in the market. A hammer that slips away during your work can damage supplies and lead to injuries. So you get a rubber grip with a ribbed texture to avoid such dangerous situations.
Moreover, it facilitates in hitting any object and it is indeed a versatile product that can accomplish any task.
- Looks great with polished faces on both sides and the highly visible blue paint.
- Even if you are in a compact working environment where bog swings aren’t possible, you get heavy blows due to the long handle.
- The sledge hammer’s fibreglass handle can absorb a lot of shocks so that you get the least amount of recoil.
7. Stanley AntiVibe Fiberglass Engineering Sledge Hammer
Stanley is always a trusted brand for years when it comes to outdoor and power tools. This hammer from Stanley is another one of their reliable products that have superior quality and leaves most of the competition in the dust. It has a 4-pound hammerhead that produces incredible force when you swing it for any sort of engineering or carpentry work.
Instead of a flat strike face, the hammerhead features nose bullet shape which is smooth and distributes immense power over a concentrated area. Therefore, you get 1.5 times the power compared to hammerheads that are fashioned in the traditional style. You also get a long handle made from particle dampened fibreglass. It is much more flexible and resilient than wood and doesn’t have the enhanced vibration transmission of metal handles.
So you receive less shock from every strike. Stanley also has a lot of confidence behind their superior manufacturing techniques and materials to cover this hammer with a lifetime warranty period.
- The anti-vibe sledge hammer features fibreglass handle is highly durable and won’t shatter from misplaced swings.
- The contoured and anti-vibe grip can not only lessen the shock but also gives you a comfortable holding position.
- Length of the handle reaches 15-inches for optimum power delivery.
6. Truper 8-Pound Hickory Handle Sledge Hammer
Truper brings to you a sledgehammer with a classic design that you are familiar with. It has combined its 4 decades of tool making experience and modern technology for making one of the best commercial sledge hammers in the market. It has a 16-inch handle made from durable hickory wood that muffles out most of the vibrations and recoil after every strike. So you can be more productive and work for longer hours with less hand strain.
For protection against overstrike, the handle and neck also have a polymer guard which further helps in reducing shock.
- Hammerhead ships to you with either a black finish or with the colour of natural steel.
- Certainly, used for all sorts of work including residential and commercial.
5. GROZ Heavy Duty 8lb Sledge Hammer with Indestructible Handle
Groz has made this hammer with all the problems in mind and brings to you a solution that would save you time, money and labour throughout the years. The 3-pound high-quality steel forged head is induction hardened so that you can strike it for innumerable times without any damage to the product.
Moreover, the head isn’t connected via a single bar, bit uses a steel locking plate that completely removes the problem of the hammerhead falling off at high speed and leading to potential injuries.
- Head is coated with a material that makes it visible in any and all environments or weather conditions.
- Bars are made out of spring steel which delivers superior resistance against overstrikes.
- The handle has an ergonomic shape that allows prolonged use without discomfort.
4. Wilton 8 Lb. BASH Sledge Hammer with Unbreakable Handle
Wilton proudly makes some of the best and most reliable tools and always back them up with an industry-leading warranty. This hammer is no different and is covered by Wilton’s lifetime warranty period.
The 8-pound head made out of drop forged steel. Therefore, will deliver you perfectly balanced power and has a secure connection to the handle via a safety plate.
- For securing the hammer to a stationary object or your wrist you get a lanyard hole.
- The tapered neck is thicker than the rest of the handle and works towards incurring less strain.
3. GIANT 10 LB Dead-Blow Sledge Hammer
Hammers at this price range from most other manufacturers usually have subpar quality and shoddy craftsmanship. So the impacts are louder, vibrations are stronger and chipping is a common occurrence. This hammer from VCT doesn’t suffer from any of those problems and would make your work a lot easier and more comfortable.
The hammerhead has a thick layer of rubber which doesn’t inflict too much damage on the surface but helps to deliver power towards the body. If you are in an industry where delicate metal or wooden surfaces are needed to be handled with care, then this is the perfect hammer for you.
It doesn’t create sparks when you strike it on a metal surface and doesn’t create that loud ringing noise which significantly affects your ears even after being muffled by ear protection.
- The handle has a textured rubber coating that improves grip even in sweaty conditions.
- With a long handle and overall length of 36-inches, you can deliver more power with less force.
- Has a much softer recoil than metal-faced hammerhead.
2. Wilton Sledge Hammer with Safety Plate Securing Head to Handle
Wilton has produced this hammer with a magnificent design both externally and internally. The hammerhead is made from 46 hot-rolled coil steel which is one of the best steel used for industrial tools. So even after you put it through a lot of abuse, the hammerhead wouldn’t disappoint you. It would become an indispensable tool for you at home or for professional purposes.
Further, it also features an anti-vibe neck that absorbs a major portion of the recoil protecting your wrist from excessive vibrations.
- The handle doesn’t have any sharp edges that might lead to cuts.
- For better grip, you get vulcanised rubber and contoured design that fits perfectly in your hands.
- This lightweight hammer of 6 pounds is capable of doing heavy-duty tasks.
1. Estwing BIG BLUE Engineer’s Sledge with Steel Construction & Shock Reduction Grip
The biggest design flaw of most hammers is a two-piece design where hammerhead has been installed on the handle. This leads to various issues like the hammerhead coming off, a vulnerability in strength and more. Estwing has eliminated that problem with its one-piece construction.
This means both the hammer and handle are a single piece of high strength steel. You can strike on any surface all you want for years and it wouldn’t be damaged.
- It is also manufactured from American steel at their Rockford facility with the highest quality standards.
- The grip is super comfortable and designed to reduce vibration so that you feel less tired.
Even the toughest objects will not stand a chance in front of the best sledge hammers. In just no time, it will accomplish your task.